ROCHESTER, NY (WROC-TV) John Hutchings of Healthy Edge Media discussed the top fitness trends for 2017 Tuesday on News 8 at Sunrise. (click on photo for video segment as it aired 1/24/2017):
Here they are:
1. Wearable technology - things like fitness trackers, pedometers and heart rate monitors
2. Body weight training - avoids the cost of equipment, good for office or travel workouts
3. HIIT - High intensity interval training, short bursts of exercise at a high heart rate
4. Educated & experienced fitness professionals - beware of internet workout stars, focus on science-based workouts with the benefit of trained professionals.
5. Strength training - make sure you're not just focusing solely on cardio
6. Group training - more energy, more accountability in an 'appointment' approach to fitness.
7. Exercise is medicine - proven to improve things like memory, sleep, energy levels, confidence and immune system, in addition reducing the risk for heart disease and 13 types of cancer
8. Yoga - fitness and stress relief
9. Personal training - don't guess about your fitness, it's too important
10. Exercise & weight loss - don't just diet, do BOTH
To assist you with #4 and #9, Healthy Edge has created the Healthy Edge Personal Trainer Directory to give you the confidence that you are selecting an experienced, qualified trainer to assist you in reaching your fitness goals without unnecessary risk of injury, click HERE for a list of trainers suitable for any fitness goal from weight loss to bodybuilding.
Food with Focus AND Flavor for Every Lifestyle