This week on Healthy Edge Radio (brought to you by World Gym Rochester and World Gym Greece, just $10 month):
- Our guests were:
- Nancy Allinger, founder and organizer of the Monroe Milers, a youth running organization that originated at the New Life Presbyterian Church at the corner of Monroe Avenue and Rosedale
- James Fricon, Monroe Miler volunteer coach and parent
- Ryshig Scott-Thompson, Monroe Miler who organized his own track meet for the City Rec Centers this summer and has trained at the Olympic Training Center
- Jack Henry Fricon, Monroe Miler who ran the Mendon 50K
- Ana Bauroth, Monroe Miler since age 8, is setting PR's in 5K often
- Our Healthy Tip of the Week, brought to you by Rochester Fitness & Cycling was: "surround yourself with great community." hear the conversation beginning at the 15:50 mark of the podcast. to have your health/fitness question answered on future shows, email them to: email@example.com
- This week's question from 'John H’s Gym Bag', brought to you by Stuart's Spices, was, “How do you get better, ie; faster at running?" the Monroe Milers share their thoughts with John H, beginning at the 31:00 mark of the podcast.
- In our segment on CrossFit, brought to you each week by Monroe County CrossFit and CrossFit ESC, we talked about the other benefits of CrossFit, aside from it just being a great workout, it's a great community.
- Join our Healthy Edge 8 Week CrossFit Challenge at MCCF and ESC, get 8 weeks of CrossFit for just $49! (email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be part of our test, limited to 12 participants at each location.)
- Other segment sponsors were:
Listen to the episode that aired Sunday, September 4, 2016 on Fox Sports 1280AM Rochester by clicking on the audio player below:
Food with Focus AND Flavor for Every Lifestyle