- Our guests were:
- Sarah Nazarian, Mother, Teacher, Runner, diagnosed with Lupus 23 years ago and guest author of our new Healthy Edge 'Why I Run' series
- Marisa Zeppieri-Caruana, Journalist, Author, 2015 Mrs. New York USA , diagnosed with Lupus at age 23 and creator of LupusChick.com, one of the fastest growing Lupus non-profits in the world.
- This week's question from 'John H’s Gym Bag', brought to you by Stuart's Spices, was, “How do you get better, ie; faster at running?" Sarah shares her thoughts with John H, beginning at the 16:24 mark of the podcast.
- Our Healthy Tip of the Week, brought to you by Rochester Fitness & Cycling was: "be your own advocate for your healthcare." hear the conversation beginning at the 34:24 mark of the podcast.
- to have your health/fitness question answered on future shows, email them to: email@example.com
- In our new segment on CrossFit, brought to you each week by Monroe County CrossFit, we talked about the other benefits of CrossFit, aside from it just being a great workout, and introduced the newest Challenge at MCCF, be part of a test group and get 8 weeks of CrossFit for just $49! (email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be a test subject)
- Other segment sponsors were:
Listen to the episode that aired Sunday, August 28, 2016 on Fox Sports 1280AM Rochester by clicking on the audio player below:
Food with Focus AND Flavor for Every Lifestyle