- Our guests were:
- Rick Gause, Director of Operations for Next Level & Beyond
- Trelany McCoy, Executive VP of Western NY Pop Warner
- Karla 'DD' McGill, Local dance & Cheer Coordinator of Western NY Pop Warner
- Alicia Alvarez, co-owner of Elements of Strength, National Kettlebell champion and Transformation Success, losing nearly 150 pounds
- Our Healthy Tip of the Week, from Transformation specialist, Alicia Alvarez and brought to you by Rochester Fitness & Cycling was: "use high intensity intervals and weight training to achieve a leaner, more sculpted physique" read about the discussion HERE.
- This week's question from 'John H’s Gym Bag', brought to you by Stuart's Spices, was, “I’ve hit a plateau with my weight loss, can you share any tips on how to start losing weight again? I’m frustrated!" Alicia Alvarez answers this for us, beginning at the 23:00 mark of the podcast.
- to have your health/fitness question answered on future shows, email them to: email@example.com
- In our update on the "Transformation of Dan Moriarty" segment, created for people who have fallen out of the exercise habit, with pointers to get back on track, brought to you each week by Monroe County CrossFit, we talked about:
- how we measured Dan's bodyfat percentage and found it has gone from 23.1% to 20.2% in the first five weeks of the program.
- the principle of 'getting in shape' to get in shape.
- Pick up this week's discussion about Dan's 'transformation' at the 38:10 mark of the show.
To hear the episode in it's entirety, click the audio player below:
Food with Focus AND Flavor for Every Lifestyle